The start of the year has never been a really big thing for me in the past; I’ve always just seen it as just another day, only I’ll have to waste the next couple of weeks trying not to write “2011” rather than “2012” on all my papers.
A lot of things have changed in the past months, though, and among those things are my attitude towards the new year. So I’m taking this moment, today, to give myself a completely clean slate, to challenge myself to be a bettter version of myself– a Coffee 2.0, if you will. (:
And I have complied a list of things that I’d like to resolve, and I’m actually going to keep all of these resolutions, unlike most people(:
Fee’s New Year’s Resolutions
- Better my outlook on life. This can be described as tons of things– see the glass half full, not half empty; thinking positive; being optomistic. I just want to have a positive outlook– I want to keep my negativity and snarkiness to a minimum.
- Take on new challenges as they present themselves. While I was in WWaW a few weeks ago, someone told me about MilWordy (write a million words in a year). I’m taking it on. Someone told me about W1S1 (submit a piece of writing every month/week). And I’m taking it on. That’s what my resolution is about– taking a chance, trying new things. Not just with writing, but with life.
- Spend less time at the computer, or watching Netflix. I am at the computer, working on my writing or blog or whatever, for a few hours out of the day. Lately, the number of hours has gone up, and I don’t know if it’s because of winter break or what, but I just know that it’s too much, and I’d like to spend less.
- Maintain the blog. I’ve never actually stuck with something like I’ve stuck with this blog– I’d like to keep it that way.
- Be happier. I’m generally a happy person, but I go through periods of time where I’m sad or upset, and I won’t know the reason. This year is about seeing the good in everything, and being happy with life.
And that is exactly what I intend to do.
Happy New Year, everyone<33333