My dearest, dearest friend Melly is officially an adult, and due to that fact, this post is dedicated to and in appreciation of her.
Things That People Can Do When They Become Adults
- Live in your own place, in which you can buy your own food (not gross stuff that your parents buy) and play video games all day without the silent judgement of your mother(s)/father(s)
- Throw wild Skype-parties in which you can Skype with friends overseas because if you’re anything like me, dear reader, you have no friends who aren’t met virtually.
- Watch weird TV shows/anime for days on end, once again without bearing the silent disapproval of parent-figures
- Be bossed around by college professors who can’t even remember your name
- Pay bills with money that you have to earn all by yourself
- Spend a million hours studying because their moms aren’t around to tell them “You need to take a break, if you keep studying your brain is explode.” (That’s how my mom gets me to stop studying lately, anyway)
- Introduce weird and potentially awkward dynamics into your personal relationships
- Be much more legally responsible and refrain from doing illegal things because you can now be officially tried as an adult
- Pay taxes
- Stay out until six in the morning doing god-knows-what and not have to explain yourself to anybody
- Finally decide what you want to spend the rest of your life doing, (and probably continue to un-make-up your mind and re-make-up your mind until you come across what you actually want)
- Cook for yourself, and perhaps finally learn the art of ordering take-out
- Lots of bad things
- Lots of good things
- Lots of stuff
- Seems like it’s just a lot of the same stuff we’ve been doing for years, huh?
Seriously, guys, don’t listen to me. I’m just a fifteen year old girl with glasses and big hair who thinks she’s cool because she takes three AP classes. I don’t even think my brain functions properly anymore unless I’m being tested on the lies in my World History textbook.
Don’t become an adult. I bet it sucks. I’m never going to grow up.