I know what you’re thinking. It’s Novemeber!, you’re thinking. I want to do NaNoWriMo but I haven’t the time!, you’re thinking. I’m in debate and DECA and I have a million and one extracurriculars and I spend my weekends doing AP homework I don’t have time to write a novel!, you’re thinking.
(By you, I pretty much mean me, but I mean we can pretend we’re talking about you.)
Well, I have arisen from the dead to prove you wrong!
Times That You Could Be Writing But Are Instead Slacking Off
1. In The Morningtime. Do you really think you need that extra hour of sleep? Why wake up at 6:30 when you can wake up at 5:30 and get in at least 1k before your day even really begins?
2. In Between Classes. Stop pretending that you just have to talk to that cute boy in that 5 minutes of passing time! Get to your class, sit down, and write!
3. Lag Times in Clubs/Rehearsals. Not currently on stage? Not really doing anything productive in your club? Pull out that comp book and churn out those words.
4. In Between Homework Assignments. Because you know you like to take “mini” breaks that last half an hour, anyway.
5. Before Bed. Skip Twitter/texting/whatever and break in a couple hundred words instead.
There it is. Fee’s list of 5 times she can be writing but is instead slacking off. The moral of the story is, let’s all do NaNo together this month, even if some of us fail miserably and only manage 5k.
I love you.